Sunday, November 1, 2009

Catching up again

Still busy/overwhelmed. Trying to get house in a fit state for company, as that would likely also be a fit state for living. With such a small house, I am surprised at how easily I lose things.

So... It's been a long time. What has changed... the job still bites, the hit to my paycheck hurts a lot (although the extra days off are appreciated). The kitchen is slowly coming together (just finishing the painting & new hardware on the horrible cabinetry). I went on a regrettable ebay/goodwill binge and ended up with a bunch of new-to-me sewing machines (old, metal workhorses), after resisting the lure of a very affordable industrial machine. I don't have any place to put them, but I have them.

The front yard is still a mess- trying to kill bermudagrass is not easy. Professionals were involved, it is still coming back, and probably will be forever. Such is life. The apple and chery are doing wonderfully, the japanese maple I planted out there as well is doing okay (it got a bit stressed before planting). the plum & peach I planted in the backyard are still alive, but not thriving. The area I started with flagstones & thyme between them is really nice, and I probably should work on spreading out from there. At least it now looks like something is being done, even if it is being done very slowly.

And so.... I am doing NaNoWriMo. And I am not finished with today's words. and I am writing here. Bad me. I am also considering various forms of cat-vacuuming- I need to go buy discounted halloween decorations! Produce so I don't get scurvy! And a new keyboard because this &^%(^$*% cheap compact one is not so comfortable to use (very stiff, keep missing letters or doubling them... awkward).

I shall do so. Even if I am only at 800 words. Need to ponder what happens net. Then I can do another burst or two of writing.

No comments: